I VOLUNTEER TO SAVE LIVES WHAT DO YOU DO?
Volunteer firefighting is a very rewarding and valuable way to serve our community. It takes dedication and many hours of training to become a firefighter. We volunteer to keep the lives and property of our Piscataway community safe. We are people just like you with different backgrounds, but we know everyone brings something special to the team. Some of the situations you will experience as a firefighter are difficult and can be both physically and mentally taxing, so a certain level of maturity is required. If you are willing to put in the time and effort, please give us a call to (732) 560-3740 and leave a message with your name and a phone number.
POSSUMTOWN VOLUNTEER FIREFIGHTER ENLISTING REQUIREMENTS
- BE A U.S. CITIZEN
- BE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE AT THE TIME YOU APPLY
- COMMIT TO ENLIST IN THE FIRE ACADEMY COURSE WITHIN 12 MONTHS OF APLICATION ACCEPTANCE
- HAVE A CLEAN DRIVING RECORD
- TAKE AND PASS A PHYSICAL EXAMINATION (PAID BY BOARD OF FIRE COMISIONERS DISTRICT 2)
- WHAT DOCUMENTS YOU WILL NEED TO SEND:
- APPLICATION PACKAGE
- COPY OF A VALID PHOTO GOVERMENT ID
- Training at the Middlesex Fire Academy ( State of NJ Certified Firefighter I)
- Firefighter Turnout Gear
- Class A uniform
- Class B uniform
- LOSAP Benefits (Length of Service Award Program)